1. Understand the safety risks associated with job.
2. Comply with all safety rules, procedures, and work practices.
3. Report all safety incidents.
4. Has read and understands the Safety, Health and Environmental Policy
1. Understand the aspects of the job that impact the environment.
2. Comply with all environmental rules, procedures, and work practices.
3. Report all environmental incidents.
1. Follow recipes and deviations at all times. Unauthorized deviations are strictly forbidden.
2. Comply with all FDA rules, procedures and work practices.
3. Follow all GMP procedures.
4. Maintain confidential information on recipes.
5. Report all deviations from the recipe.
1. Possess good mechanical skills, troubleshooting skills, general maintenance knowledge and good understanding of operation of facilities equipment in the following areas: ammonia refrigeration system; steam system; water system; fire system; HVAC; wastewater; and building/grounds.
2. Requires knowledge of equipment in the following areas: ammonia refrigeration system; steam system; water system; fire system; HVAC; wastewater; and building/ grounds.
3. Knowledge of basic electricity, alternating current, and three-phase power. Able to wire and troubleshoot a three-phase motor. Capable of troubleshooting basic electrical issues using multimeter and electrical schematics.
4. Recommends improvements in area of responsibility.
5. Consistently applies effective troubleshooting skills. Understands and can apply root cause analysis.
6. Completes cost effective troubleshooting skills.
7. Interprets and understands engineering drawings, manufacturer’s instructions, and plant maintenance procedures and specifications.
8. Maintains a positive working relation with fellow team members and other departments.
9. Able to use and show proper care of tools and instruments required in job assignments.
10. Adheres to safety, attendance, operational policies/procedures and GMP’s.
11. Completes assigned work orders on a timely basis to include scheduled emergency and preventive maintenance.
12. Maintains a low level of downtime on equipment and/or systems in area of responsibility.
13. Solves repetitive problems in area of responsibility.
14. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma / GED and some technical college preferred
Prior ammonia refrigeration plant experience required
Reading, math, and leadership skills required; familiarity with hand tools, shop tools and test equipment