My client is dynamic, privately-owned and team-oriented, and places an important emphasis on work-life balance. The position of Commercial Preconstruction Manager is open because of overall company growth. Headquartered in the Southeast, the Company has offices nationwide. Benefits begin on day one and include a generous bonus potential. Come grow your career with us!
As part of my client’s management team, the Commercial Preconstruction Manager must be knowledgeable about all processes required to complete a project and be knowledgeable about potential costs of materials and equipment rates. The Commercial Preconstruction Manager will be responsible for conceptual, schematic, design development estimates, GMPs and lump sum bidding. The role of the Preconstruction Manager is critical to the financial success of the Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The Commercial Preconstruction Manager will lead multiple projects simultaneously through preconstruction phases from concept to contract.
• The Commercial Preconstruction Manager and his/her PreCon team will assemble estimates into project estimates for intermediary budgeting and bid day submittals.
• Develop conceptual cost models to assist owners and architects with preliminary planning
• S/he will prepare preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction, monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas
• The Preconstruction Manager will visit the site of the construction, making note of the geographical features of the site and access to infrastructure (roads, electricity, sewer, etc.).
• Participate in the preparation of construction schedule for estimating purposes; request and discuss staffing requirements, and logistics plan with construction Manager or Project Manager
• Responsible for maintaining relationships with suppliers and equipment vendors. These relationships are used to keep track of current pricing and to negotiate better rates for long-term or large-scale projects
• Responsible for creating cost-monitoring processes that allow the company to track profit or loss for each project.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have 4 year degree in engineering or construction management degree or equivalent and experience.
• Must have 5-7 years minimum experience estimating vertical commercial building projects. Experience with schools, municipalities, industrial building projects is extremely helpful.
• Ability to build an estimate without detailed plans and specifications
• Ability to build relationships with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors that lead to positive outcome.
• Must have superior computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and BIM
• Experience with Primavera and Timberline estimating software a huge plus.
• Self-directed with strong organizational skills, attention to details.
• Strong math and analytical skills in regard to cost/pricing of material, labor and equipment.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
• Complete knowledge of the “front end" of specifications including bid form, bid requirements, bonds, minority requirements, general conditions, building permits, safety site restrictions and staffing of projects.
• Candidate may be required to pass a drug test and Criminal background check based on job location/requirements.
*PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a sales or IT position.