Immediate Openings for Physical position performing Composite Layups and precision fabric cutting. Entry Level considered if clean background, strong references and 1+ years in Manufacturing Hands on experience...
• Receive detailed written instructions from the supervisor, lead technician, or an engineer. Judgments and decisions at this level are guided by clearly described procedures and instructions, and the work consists of recurring steps involved in the assembly of parts, subassemblies, and larger components.
• Performs bonding of materials to fabricate parts and/or for repair applications using products and processes which are varied but generally not complex in scope.
• Fabricates composite into subassemblies for the purpose of pre-fitting in preparation for bonding or curing in presses, ovens, and autoclaves.
• Load and operate presses, ovens and autoclaves. Adheres to equipment requirements and the method and sequences of operation to be followed in fabrication of parts using materials such as fiberglass, epoxy resins, rubber and like materials.
• Layout, pre-fits, assembles and performs lay-up on a variety of composite bonded assemblies.
• Layout and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
• Selects tooling and materials compatible with the processing techniques identified in the work instructions.
• Performs complex composite lay-up, vacuum bagging, cutting, repair, autoclave and / or trimming.
• Verifies work to ensure a defect free part prior to presenting to quality control (inspection).
• Provides specialized technical assistance and interacts with team members to implement solutions.
• Ability to work in a physically demanding environment at an elevated pace of work for 8 to 12 hours a day. Working continuously in prolonged physically demanding postures
• Work assignments require moderate to strenuous effort. Workers must climb, bend, stoop, crawl, and stand for prolonged periods on concrete or metal surfaces. Will frequently lift parts and equipment that weigh up to 9 kilograms (20 pounds). Occasionally, may lift and carry items that weigh up to 23 kilograms (50 pounds) with mechanical lifting devices or assistance from other workers, if required.
• Able to apply high amounts of force in order to bond rubber materials for extended periods of time
• Operate large manual, electric & pneumatic tools in the assembly and disassembly of large heavy steel structures, molds and fixtures
• Safely work in a team environment rigging, lifting and transporting large multi-ton parts and equipment.
• Occasionally exposed to chemicals, wearing a respirator when required
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalent
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS: (Minimum Requirements)