Technical Services Operator - Telecommunications - BBU Systems
6-12 month Contract
Are you a hands on technician that enjoys working outdoors with the latest technologies in telecom? You found the right contract for you! We are looking for Technical Service Operators to work on an all new BBU migration installation!
Responsibilities and Duties
• Installation, commissioning, operations, integration and maintenance of cabinets.
• Provide comprehensive and accurate reporting of all project activities
• Ensure all closeout data has been compiled, reviewed and submitted in a timely manner.
• Installs, maintains and repairs radio access nodes, core network transmission equipment on operational telecommunications networks.
• Interacts with other technicians and customer’s technical staff.
• Trouble shoots RBS issues, board issues (CBU/DUL, OBIF, RAX and TX).
• UMTS installation, integration & troubleshooting.
• Microwave installation, commissioning and alignment.
• LTE installation, integration & troubleshooting.
• Understands and implements RAN, RF and Transmission designs.
• GSM installation and integration of GSM cabinets & trouble shooting.
• Simple knowledge of cell sites.
• Basic knowledge of Antennae & RF configuration at cell sites.
• Grounding and various types of electrical voltages and safe connection methods.
• Interprets various documents (e.g. blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise, and knowledge of blueprints and diagrams.
• Knowledge of fiber tags, wax string, CX, RBS, WCDMA.
• H&S Implementation.
• Ability to safely use hand and small power tools.
• Capacity to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
• Troubleshooting skills.
• A willingness to travel and/or work outdoors in all weather conditions when required.
Job Type: Contract
Qualifications and Skills
• Flexibility in working hours and travel. Ability to travel overnight.
• Valid Driver’s License
• High School Graduate
• Two or more years of experience in a network rollout discipline
• Two or more years of experience in wireless industry
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); and Electronic Mail Software (Outlook).
• First Aid Training/CPR preferred
• OSHA 10 Certification preferred
• Certifications UMTS, LTE, WCDMA, GSM or similar preferred
.• LTE RBS certified preferred
• Electrical training with some telecommunications experience preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret technical construction drawings.
• Decision making and problem solving skills.
• Cell site installation experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of microwave and fiber transmission concepts.
• LTE and CDMA experience preferred.
Transferable AIrscale or air scale PTID a PLus
SAC is a nationwide company that designs, builds and maintains end-to-end network infrastructure for telecommunications, enterprise and public sector customers. An industry leader with highly trained and certified professionals providing best-in- class network solutions and services!
Technical Services Operator SUMMARY: The primary responsibilities of this position are performing physical and mechanical activities, telecommunication infrastructure audits, installation of hardware/software systems; as well as, cabinet maintenance and upgrades.