Job Summary: Responsible for verification of all inbound and outbound freight, both domestic and foreign within the hub location.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Schedule all inbound foreign and domestic freight.
2. Train all department employees and help with their development.
3. Teach and monitor all safety practices to ensure employee safety.
4. Work directly with the warehouse manager to monitor activities and performance of personnel.
5. Review all inbound purchase orders and assign personnel for product verification.
6. Maintain inventory accuracy by auditing all incoming freight.
7. Receive all inter-company transfers into computers.
8. Invoice and post all outbound ship outs of products.
9. Direct communication with sales department of inbound special orders.
10. Assumes other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum Required Experience, Education, Knowledge/Skills/Abilities, Essential Physical Demands):
Education & Experience: High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Should possess special skills in the operation of a forklift in negotiating the lift in close quarters. Must be familiar with the Company’s products and warehouse methods, techniques and procedures. Must be able to work in cooperation with others. Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments. Must be able to communicate, give direction and monitor employee performance. Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends.
Machines, Equipment, and Software: Forklift, order selector, pallet jack, tow motor, pull cart, ladder, multi-user telephone, copier, fax, computer, and Microsoft Office software.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: This position requires individuals to be on their feet except when operating machinery or performing supervisory responsibilities. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb, and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly. They must be able to climb ladders, stairs, and withstand heights of more than 15 feet. This position is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and occasionally is exposed to extreme cold and heat. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels. The noise level is moderately loud.
Preferred Qualifications: Some college coursework desired.
*The existence of criminal conviction(s) does not constitute an automatic bar to employment.