* Work every other weekend
* Competitive pay and benefits
* FT and PT available
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of your job position is to manage operations in the Dietary department in accordance with Birchaven Village/Independence House policy and procedure, ethical statement and resident rights, subject to the employee handbook, and as directed by the Executive Chef. Provides leadership, support and guidance to ensure food quality standards, inventory levels, food safety guidelines and customer services expectations are met.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
You are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 2 - 3 years of food service management experience.
* Must have experience in cost control, HACCP, food management, etc.
* Serve safe certified.
* Computer skills required.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Ability to read and comprehend instructions. Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Analytical skills and Multi-tasking abilities required.
* Proficient in Microsoft word.
* Ability to write create and design menu, recipes and production levels
* This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV etc).
* Specialized training in foodservice management and/or nutrition is desirable.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred.
* 10 years of total professional cooking experience with, a minimum, five years of food service management experience in an establishment of mass food service, preferred.
This position requires a full range of body motions with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, sit for four to six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business travel and community involvement.
During the performance process, please assess the level at which the staff member achieves the job accountabilities. Please use the 'Comments' section to document specific examples of performance issues, staff member's strengths and/or shortcomings, areas of suggested performance improvement and other comments as appropriate to further the staff member's growth and development.
Duty 1: Assures that the Dietary department is maintained in a safe and sanitary manner. Adheres to and implements department policies and procedures to ensure that departmental staff is complaint with all applicable regulatory agencies.
Duty 2: Oversees the quality of food production. Manages processes to ensure the consistency of products. Develops and reviews menus to ensure a comprehensive mix of food selections. Works with dietitian to ensure that resident menus meet their nutritional needs.
Duty 3: Develops and manages department budget to ensure financial stewardship, including scheduling of proper staffing levels.
Duty 4: Develops, implements, and /or monitors the cost of supplies/inventory to ensure accuracy.
Duty 5: Provides leadership and direction to staff. Encourages growth of associates who have the potential to enhance the development of qualified individuals.
Duty 6: Addresses resident and customer complaints promptly and in a customer-focused manner.
Duty 7: Oversees training requirements and skill sets of associates to ensure a productive mix to provide quality service to residents and customers.
Duty 8: Actively participates on organizational committees and meetings.
Duty 9: All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Duty 10: Displays service excellence and standards of behavior.