Veolia North America
( Learn More )
Veolia is seeking an Electrician to support wastewater treatment and lift station maintenance. This position performs a variety of maintenance functions at water production and related facilities. This includes engaging in electrical installation projects and maintenance of existing electrical, electronic, instrumentation and controls, and service equipment. Performs complex circuit diagnoses and troubleshooting.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
•Interprets plans and specifications for projects.
•Performs installation of 480 volt and lower voltage circuits for power and lighting.
•Works independently or with contractor to maintain high voltage circuits.
•Installs electrical and electronic equipment according to the plans and specifications.
•Prepares and updates drawings.
•Lays out work to be performed after diagnosing and troubleshooting problems.
•Determines and performs necessary repairs to electric power and lighting circuits and electrical and electronic equipment.
•Performs tests for temperature vibration, noise, current, voltage, insulation level, and calibration as require
•Adjusts, lubricates, and repairs small motors, motor controllers, telemetry equipment, PLC equipment, metering equipment, water treatment equipment, transmission and distribution equipment including pumps, standby engines, heating and ventilation equipment, bleeder valves, motor wells, battery sets and chargers, and generators.
•Handles materials and equipment such as electric, electronic, and environmental test equipment, portable hand and electric tools, and pumping units, etc.
•Ensures the documentation of equipment maintenance history through the use of the MMS System.
•Works independent of or with operation’s division personnel, contractors or engineering as required.
•Submits requisitions for tools and materials; ensures inventory used is documented in the MMS System.
•Documents vehicle and equipment use.
•Develops or modifies Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP's).
•Assists in training personnel as assigned.
•Troubleshoots and repairs Scada system problems at assigned facilities.
•Performs routine checks on Scada system alarms to ensure function.
• A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
• Completion of one year (24 credit hours) of a technical degree from an accredited program at a recognized school of engineering and technology or technical institute or equivalent in electronics or electricity.
• Ability to undertake additional education to update skills as needed.
• Knowledge of the National Electric Code.
• Knowledge of medium and low voltage power and lighting circuits.
• Knowledge of programmable logic controllers.
• Ability to operate a personal computer and appropriate software.
• Ability to participate in the Company's Respiratory Protection Program.
• Knowledge of applicable OSHA standards.
• Ability to maintain responsible use and care of hand tools furnished by the Company.
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints and wiring schematics.
• Ability to drive a vehicle.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Knowledge and understanding of Scada system operations.
• Ability to diagnose control failures related to power or communications.
• Leadership ability and dependability in performance of duties when working alone.
• Ability to read and interpret operations and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to work with RCM maintenance program.
• Valid Driver's License.and safe driving record
• Should be available outside of normal working hours for emergency response.
• Frequently sits, talks or hears.
• Occasionally stands, walks, uses hands to finger, handle, or feel, reaches with hands and arms and climbs or balances, stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls and tastes or smells.
• Reading drawings, driving company vehicle, trouble shooting equipment, distinguishing difference of wire colors, using computer, taking notes, and planning work assignments requires close vision, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Lifts up to fifty pounds routinely and 100 pounds occasionally with assistance.
• Occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals, works near moving mechanical parts, works in high and precarious places, exposed to extreme outdoor weather conditions such as ice and snow, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
• Excessive plant noise.
This position is an on call position. This position requires extensive work in all atmospheric conditions, extensive outdoor work. Electrical License preferred but not required. This position will include work at the WWTP, & all Lift Stations, and work for the Client on an as needed basis. Position will entail significant work on our S.C.A.D.A. system. SCADA experience preferred.
Veolia North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test