Mobile HVAC Maintenance Technician
This mobile maintenance technician is responsible for performing HVAC (along with minor carpentry, electrical and plumbing) repair and maintenance services at multiple "small box" retail locations within a geographic area. We encourage all candidates to apply who live in the area along the NE Rhode Island and Massachusetts boarder.
* Perform assignments in the installation, repair, alteration and maintenance of facility systems, including:
o HVAC skills, including performing preventive maintenance, trouble shooting, replacing various components, compressors, motors, and repairing refrigerant leaks
o Carpentry experience, replacing ceiling tiles, carpet tiles, repairing doors, including locks, hinges, closers, and cabinet/furniture hardware
o Electrical experience, replacing bulbs, ballasts, receptacles, switches, and general trouble shooting
o Plumbing experience, repairing sinks, toilets, and clearing stoppages
* Report and communicate on a daily basis all work activity via PDA device
* Assess and diagnose required repairs, both for estimated cost and escalation to vendor
* Procure material/parts in a timely manner to meet client service level completion times/dates
* Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility maintenance
* Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns
* Perform all work to industry standards and maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times
* Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one year of Commercial HVAC experience on Roof Top Units (RTU) OR any similar combination of technical education and experience
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Valid driver's license required. Universal CFC required
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
With access to top-tier market intelligence, planning, local site selection and asset strategies, our Global Workplace Services offering includes Enterprise Facilities Management (EFM), Project Management (PJM), Advisory & Transaction Services (A&T), and Management Consulting. We offer end-to-end expertise across all workplace types, scalable delivery, a commitment to world-class safety and ongoing innovations in building efficiencies, energy conservation and CRE technology.
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test