Position Description: This position is supervisory in nature, but also operational and professional in that it directly serves the clients of the program.
Job Description: The program nursing staff is under the cognizance of the Clinical Director and will be responsible to see that all psychiatric and medical services and procedures are provided and documented, including the following:
1. Medical supervision of Program Nurse: provide guidance, training, and direct supervision to other program nurses.
2. Perform intake functions for all new clients by giving each a thorough interview within 48 hours of intake and having them complete a thorough medical history. Conduct an admitting physical exam and schedule and coordinate lab screenings for communicable disease, including STDs and substance abuse. Document all such actions.
3. Provide a nurse’s health assessment to the client’s file and actively participate with other members of the assessment team in developing accurate presenting problems and level of care needed while in residential care.
4. Psychiatric Evaluations & Monitoring. Schedule, coordinate meetings of clients with program psychiatrist. Identify clients on psychotropic medications and those referred for consideration by the clinical director or therapist. Document and follow up.
5. Prescription & Monitoring of Therapeutic Medication. Maintain data base of standing and verbal orders for all medications for clients, and keep an accurate log of all medications dispensed, including: client’s name, date/time, medication, dosage, and other response information. Dispense prescribed medications in a controlled and accurate manner, ensuring that medications are not abused in any manner by clients. Document and report information.
6. Medical Consultation: identify need for and schedule and coordinate consultations for clients with doctors and specialists as required. Document all measures taken.
7. Participation in Direct Care Team Meetings. Receive and give reports to DCT on client’s care, responses, and future plans. Coordinate all medical needs with other staff.
Registered Nurse (RN); skilled in first-aid, basic medical examination techniques, and medications. Must be thorough, meticulous, trustworthy, and sensitive to teen needs. Must have managerial and supervisory skills, good communication and people skills.
Line of Authority: Works directly for the Clinical Director
Sequel Youth & Family Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Full Time benefits include, Health insurance, dental, vision, 401K and PTO.