As an extension of Owens & Minor University (OMU) the Safety and Training Coordinator will administer and maintain records for all training within the facility. The Coordinator will promote safety and Standard Operating Procedure compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Administers teammate on-boarding training program and performs audits of training programs.
2. Assigns and schedules required training for new/existing teammates.
3. Uses various teammate meetings to communicate and emphasize safety initiatives and messages.
4. Maintains all training records for required regulatory purposes and all training records for mandatory internally required classes/training.
5. Works as a key resource with individuals and groups to improve performance and standards within the facility.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. High School Diploma
2. Experience in a warehouse/production environment preferred
3. Basic computer navigation for online training access and use of applicable databases
4. Microsoft Office working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Effective communication skills both written and verbal
2. Good organizational and planning skills
3. Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily activities
4. Understanding of Standard Operating Procedures
5. Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills
6. Previous experience in teaching or training (preferably manufacturing) preferred