Vistana Company Overview
Vistana™ Signature Experiences, Inc. an operating business of ILG, Inc. develops, owns, markets and operates upper-upscale villa resorts, offering ownership and rental opportunities. Vistana is the exclusive provider of vacation ownership for the Sheraton and Westin brands and an authorized partner of the Starwood Preferred Guest program. Through the Vistana Signature Network™ (VSN), our Owners can transform the way they travel - enjoying the flexibility to vacation when they want, where they want, how they want. Vistana™ Signature Experiences offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities in inspiring destinations from majestic Maui to the snow peaked mountains of Avon/Vail. If you’re passionate about selling, supporting, or communicating a unique vacation lifestyle, we’re passionate about you becoming part of the Vistana family. For more information, please visit: https://www.vistana.com.
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort - 3838 Wyllie Rd, Princeville, HI 96722
The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas lies along a lush cliff resting two hundred feet above the Pacific Ocean on the north shore of Kaua'i. The Westin Princeville is an upscale Resort which provides a thoughtfully designed experience making the healthiest The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas lies along a lush cliff resting two hundred feet above the Pacific Ocean on the north shore of Kaua'i. The Westin Princeville is an upscale Resort which provides a thoughtfully designed experience making the healthiest choices irresistibly appealing.A welcoming oasis to the savvy traveler, every innovative service aims to help guests thrive so they feel better than when they arrived: A truly restorative sleep in the world-renowned Heavenly® Bed, a Spa-like invigoration with the Heavenly® Bath, healthful indulgence from SuperFoodsRx menus and energizing exercise with WestinWORKOUT®. Westin ensures guests are well rested, well nourished and well cared for.
POSITION PURPOSEGreet and assist guests with luggage at check-in/check-out, storage and room transfers. Assists guests with island information and directions. Delivers items as requested by guests or Manager on Duty. Delivers guest amenities to rooms. Provide valet service for guest automobiles
Hourly Wage: $10.10 - $10.50 + tips
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSAVERAGE % OF TIME70% Professionally greets all guests, open/close vehicle doors, and escort guests to and from their rooms and assist with luggage. Familiarize the guest with hotel, room, resort, and safety features. Promote hotel outlets. Recognizes Starwood Preferred Guest members. Address any guest inquiries and provide directions for guests to various island attractions. Promptly and with courtesy, answer phone calls. Valet guest automobiles.
15% Store guest baggage upon request and assist with the loading and unloading of baggage into and out of vehicles. Assist in calling resort shuttle and taxi requests. Provide shuttle service to guests.
15% Daily delivery of amenities, groceries, FAXs, packages, folios, newspapers, ice, or other items as directed by management. Keep clean and maintain the appearance of bell carts, guest carts, porte cochere, storage room and service express desk on a daily basis.
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONSIn addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
• Maintain the service express desk station for appearance, organization, and operational effectiveness.
• Ensure the maintenance and operation of pagers, radios, computers and headsets.
• Stay informed of all pertinent briefing information, functions and notable arrivals on a daily basis, as well as staying informed of any new memos, policies, etc. that should be posted.
• Practice quality service standards with all guests at all times, and frequently use guest’s name and thank them.
• Maintain post with proper posture and professionalism.
Other:Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to progressive disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all mandatory scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Vistana Signature Experiences rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIESThe individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Must be able to communicate and work well with others.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Must be able to respond to guest requests and business volume quickly and efficiently.
• Must learn and follow all guest service standards.
• General knowledge of the city where hotel is located and its attractions.
• Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
• Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Will assist with luggage and transportation. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments and locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
• Must be able to bend, squat and lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, managers, and other associates.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDSEducation High school or equivalent education preferred.
Experience Minimum of one to two years previous hospitality experience preferred. Bell service or guest service experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates Required to obtain and/or maintain a current Driver’s License, and provide annually a clear Traffic Abstract.
GroomingAll associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Vistana Signature Experiences standards.
• This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
At Vistana, we celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better – a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.