Job description: The primary responsibility of the Instructor / Technical Writer will be
to train Volvo skilled trades personnel in the programming, troubleshooting and repair of
the assembly line equipment in the new Volvo car assembly plant. The training will take
place at the training center near the assembly plant in Ridgeville, SC. The instructor will
also be responsible for customization development of courses to meet Volvo¿s needs.
The Instructor/Technical Writer will need to have a Siemens controls background and
field experience in the automotive automation industry. Courses that the instructor will be
responsible for teaching are as follows:
• Siemens Controls Training
• ABB Robot Training
• ARO Weld Gun Training
• Bosch Weld Controller Training
• SCA Sealer Training
• Emhart Stud Weld Training
• Danfoss VFD Training
• Siemens VFD Training
• SEW VFD Training
• Sick Scanner, Light Screen and RFID Training
• Euchner Gate Switch Training
Client will provide OEM training to the Instructor/Technical Writer for each of the
• Controls/Electrical background (hands-on automation debug and startup
experience with Siemens PLC)
• ABB robot programming experience (preferred)
• Ability to develop detailed manuals and presentations for training
• Experienced with conducting standup instruction in front of customer personnel
• Ability to be self directed on projects
• Must be able to effectively use the following applications:
AutoCad (Basic Understanding)
• Articulate communicator: You can translate highly technical processes into
user-friendly training solutions. You are clear, tactful, and diplomatic about
what¿s realistic and what¿s possible.
• Analytical : You understand how applications and systems work. You have good
judgment, a thoughtful approach, and you are sensitive to the challenges each
• Strategic problem solver : You should have excellent critical thinking skills,
ability to dive into the details, and ask intelligent questions. You easily think like
a user and create training solutions.
• Flexible: You have a natural collaborative style and understand it takes a team.
You are responsive and willing to pitch in and help with any operational needs.
• Comfortable with change. You thrive in an environment that is in constant
movement. You understand that what we need today may be different than what
we need tomorrow.
• Priority management: You switch from long range needs to preparing for
scheduled enhancements with ease. You really ¿get' what is a priority and can
independently manage tight deadlines to completion.