If Interested please send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
We are looking for sharp individuals with strong Data Analyst and Business Analyst experience.
Senior business and data analyst needed to work on critical automation projects related to Actuarial and Finance. Projects focus on improving efficiency and effectiveness of actuarial processes and implementing strategies for improved product management.
• Responsible for working with business leaders/associates to define and translate business requirements for complex issues into detailed functional specifications and communicate information to IT project leaders/associates, as well as managing requests for changes to the specifications.
• Serve as direct liaison to functional process owners and subject matter experts to gather and develop detailed business requirements for system implementations and service requests.
• Communicate project status and issues with department leadership and project team members. Contribute to prioritization meetings including assistance in developing project priorities.
• Proactively explore opportunities that create business value and improve operational efficiency through technology and process improvement.
• Build and maintain functional peer relationships and detailed working knowledge of Actuarial systems, organization, and processes.
• Evaluate and coordinate business system and process interactions to ensure requirements and testing documents correctly identify up-stream, down-stream or otherwise impacted systems, processes and teams.
• Evaluate the accuracy of system processes following implementation of: enhancements, changes, and new product introductions.
• Identify data structures, data elements and associated transformations along with relevant business logic in multiple components of actuarial processes
• Respond to queries regarding data and relationships in actuarial data marts
• Consult and/or provide training related to new process and system implementations, on an as needed basis including the development of training materials
• Contribute to test scenarios and/or test plans for quality assurance testing, including review of test results for quality assurance.
Basic Qualifications :
• College Degree (BS/BA) in Information Systems, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or Finance and/or 4 years equivalent experience
• Proven strong analytical ability
• Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to develop an in-depth understanding of complex issues
• Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines while working independently
• PC / Technical skills - Microsoft Office experience including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
• Basic understanding of System Design, ETL Processing and Relational Data Modeling
• Ability to create and execute SQL queries and interpret results
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communications to differing audiences including Senior Management and Technical Developers
• Proven Interviewing and Listening Skills
• Demonstrated Conflict Resolution and Negotiation Skills
• Demonstrated Facilitation Skills
• Business Analysis training and proven experience developing Business Requirements and Requirement artifacts including: Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Test Scenarios
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Actuarial/Finance Systems
• Experience Implementing Automated Solutions including, but not necessarily limited to, Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) applications in a highly complex and governed financial environment
11/9 Vendor Share Call Notes:
-native intelligence/looking for someone sharp
-organizational skills (can look at business/data requirements and put them together in a logical/structural way)
-great communication skills (will be working with mid/large size team)
Additional Details about the role:
-BA/Data Analyst role: 40/60
-BA practices (this individual will be able to put together business requirements)
-be able to communicate with Insurance Actuaries
-this individual will be able to get 'into the weeds' of the data
-worked in a financial organization
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.