It is the responsibility of the Cage Shift Manager to provide overall management of personnel and daily operations of the Casino Cage during assigned shifts while providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Springfield Mission Statement.
• Manages operations of the Casino Cage during assigned shift.• Assist in Human Resources responsibilities to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; compliance with company and department policies, and legal requirements.• Maintains Cage bankroll during assigned shifts.• Supervises collection efforts and safeguards the company’s assets.• Advises senior management of major Cage exceptions.• Develops and conducts ongoing Title 31 training in all applicable areas and ensures compliance by all team members.• Monitors all operational areas for efficiency and effectiveness and makes recommendations for automation, where possible.• Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.• Oversee guest complaints and escalate as necessary.• Other job related duties as requestedThis job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
• Cage Shift Supervisors
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, or equivalent work experience• This position requires at least five (5) years of experience in casino cage or banking experience, with at least two (2) years supervisory/management experience. Do you meet this requirement? • Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
• Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language• Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
• MA Gaming License• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Knowledge of accounting, gaming and regulatory requirements related to cage operations, including Title 31.• Proficiency in mathematical computations, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.• Experience in multi-tasking of projects and project management.• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Access and Power Point and Microsoft Project.• Excellent customer service skills.• Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.• Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
• Regular scheduled hours : Work Days: Varies Hours: Varies• Other – Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.