WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
A global leader in engineering, planning and consulting, has partnered with communities since 1940 to solve their most complex infrastructure challenges with a legacy of expertise, experience, innovation and integrity. The firm has addressed bridge design, construction and preservation challenges with innovative and sustainable solutions. Exemplifying its depth and versatility in the bridge space, the firm, ranked Number Five by Engineering News-Record in its annual ranking of Bridge Design Firms in the United States, has partnered with clients on a full spectrum of bridge types – from conventional grade separations to major, complex river crossings, including trusses, arches, box girders and cable-stayed bridges.
• At least 10 plus years of experience in structural engineering
• A B.S. in Civil or Environmental Engineering. Master's degree is highly desirable.
• Excellent external and internal, oral and written communication skills.
• Solid background and understanding of Structural engineering software packages like: MDX, Con-Span, RC-Pier, MIDAS, CSI Bridge, FB Pier
• Familiar with AASHTO LRFD Bridge design specifications is considered a plus.
• Experience with FDOT preferred
• Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in the State of Florida or ability to obtain in six (6) months