East Central College has an immediate opening for an Executive Director, Center for Workforce Development, responsible for the Center for Workforce Development (CWD) services and activities including Missouri Works Training, registered apprenticeships, short-term workforce development programs, community education, WIOA Youth program and business consulting and training.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.) Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or other related fields; five years’ workforce development or business consultant work experience; two years supervisory work experience.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)• Develop relationships with external workforce development entities and industry representatives to address current and emerging workforce training needs within the college’s service area.
• Responsible for fiscal processes which includes developing annual budgets, maintain and produce reports as required, approve department expenditures, approve program instructor payments.
• Lead grant projects such as Missouri Works Training, Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeships, and WIOA Youth grants; assist in drafting grant applications, manage the grant budget, and ensure that grant deliverables are accomplished in accordance with granting source expectations and guidelines.
• Direct the development of new courses and/or programs as needs are identified; oversee the development of training programs and course schedules; develop curriculum and host public training seminars.
• Design and execute marketing strategy for workforce training, grant programs and community education.
• Oversee the short-term health care professional, community education, and business and industry training programs including developing annual strategic plan and conducting an annual program review.
• Ensure that policies and procedures are in place and maintained regarding the delivery of courses and programs, including state reimbursement, college accreditation, external funding sources for training, industry specific accrediting agencies, local workforce industry partners, and community education partnerships, coursework and program development.
• Develop and maintain labor market information data reports and analysis; produce reports related to occupational staffing, wage rates, employment and unemployment patterns and estimates.
• Hire, supervise, train and evaluate staff; support additional professional development for staff; recruit contracted instructors to deliver short-term workforce training programs and seminars.
• Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits. Minimum starting salary is $55,000 and will commensurate with experience.
East Central College is located in Union, Missouri, about 60 minutes from St. Louis. East Central College offers courses and programs at our main campus and two locations in Rolla. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer and technical education.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
community college, higher education, center for workforce development, executive director, director, grant programs, training, consulting, business, marketing, professional development, technical education, job training,