Senior Database Administrator
( Learn More )
4 Year Degree
Location: Lincoln, RI (Corporate Information Systems)
Are you looking for a job in a growing industry with new products, new markets and new technology?
With locations across the country, Amica Mutual Insurance Company offers opportunities to join this dynamic field with a financially strong and respected insurance provider. Amica, based in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, offers a full line of life insurance products.
We are recognized as a leader in customer service and credit this success to our 3,700 employees in 44 offices across the country. Our benefits package includes high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance and more.
Our office located in Lincoln, RI is seeking a Senior Database Administrator. This position involves designing, implementing and maintaining databases to ensure the availability and integrity of corporate data in several Database Management Systems (DBMS) on distributed platforms.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Utilize tools to monitor the performance, reliability and availability of the corporate database environments
• Develops, validates and implements procedures to ensure the recoverability and availability of corporate databases to meet business Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
• Responsible for 600+ Microsoft SQL server installs with High availability Microsoft clustering, and database mirroring/availability groups across multiple data centers
• Supports day-to-day operational tasks including management of accounts, handling incident and service request tickets, priority incident resolution, and operational maintenance activities such as database backup/restores, and SQL job/script maintenance
• Provides database and SQL Tuning expertise through recommendations to application developers and other core teams
• Manages the storage environments for the SQL Server databases, including planning for additional storage, maintaining optimal sizing, monitoring space and providing growth statistics
• Creates and executes SQL Server backup and recovery policies and maintains integrity and reliability of access to information
• Works with staff and vendors to implement technical solutions and diagnose database system disruptions
• Provides guidance to other IT development personnel
• A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years of database administration experience in multiple and/or complex areas or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Commitment to attend training and/or industry seminars as appropriate, to stay abreast of current technologies
• Experience deploying and troubleshooting SQL Transactional replication and Availability Groups
• Ability to learn new technologies
• IDERA Diagnostic Manager experience is preferred
• Experience with MongoDB database administration, Teradata, NoSQL and cloud-based records management is a plus
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability or sexual orientation. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.
2018 True Careers Inc. All rights reserved |
Entry Level Jobs
Jobs in Canada
Jobs in UK
Free Career Test