Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques in support of F-22 IMIS.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
- System backup and recovery
- Potential for approximately 50% travel. Company paid with per diem.
- Ability to lift 40lbs, for example; computer equipment
- Ability to attend and lead meetings with ranking military and contract personnel.
- Strong customer service and mission focused.
- Adequate medical health for deploying to austere locations where specialized medications or treatments may not be available. This position will require deployment for which a government evaluation of your medical condition is required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
CompTIA Security+ or higher is desired. Must complete this certification once employed.
8-10 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
- Oracle Database Administration
- Shell Scripting
- Understanding and using ZFS.
- Self Motivated
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Detail oriented.
- Windows System Administration helpful but not necessary.
UNIX/Linux operating system experience desired but not required
Shift work and deployment to national and international locations is required.
Requirement: Current SECRET security clearance (PR within the last 5 years) with the ability to obtain a Special Access Program clearance.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.