Assists with planning and implementing activity/recreation programs to meet the physical, spiritual, social and mental wellbeing of residents.
Assists with the care of facility pets.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities required:
• Basic keyboarding skills.
• Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, handbooks and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write simple sentences, paragraphs and correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• High level of customer service skills.
• Standing or walking for up to two-thirds of a work shift.
• Sitting for up to two-thirds of a work shift.
• Frequent use of fingers, hands for handling, feeling or using a computer keyboard.
• Occasional reaching with hands or arms.
• Occasional balancing, stooping, bending or kneeling.
• Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
• Frequent lifting up to 10 pounds with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color distinction, ability to adjust focus, depth perception and an ability to adjust focus.
• Tolerance to prolonged standing, stooping, kneeling.
• Sitting 1.0 hrs without break
• Standing 2 hrs without break
• Ascend and descend a 3 ft. step ladder/stool x 1 repetition
• Push/Pull 40 lbs. 25’ X 2
• Assist in the transporting of patients to and from activity functions.
Primarily indoors with adequate lighting working in close proximity to equipment, healthcare providers and residents with chronic and/or terminal healthcare conditions. Location is primarily low to moderate noise levels. Occasional exposure to loud noises