SolarCity is now a Tesla company.
Join the team that’s working hard to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Tesla and SolarCity have merged, and our team is stronger than ever. We’re problem solvers, team players and game changers. If this sounds like you, join us and make a difference.
Are you ready to do work that matters? Our teams are literally redefining the way the world will use energy in the future. Talented and motivated individuals with creativity and vision thrive in our fast-paced, high growth environment. We are problem solvers, team players and game changers. If this sounds like you, SolarCity just might be the place to make your mark!
SolarCity is looking for a Roofing Crew Lead who will be a part of the installation team at SolarCity. The Roofing Crew Lead will report to the Regional Operations Manager and will function as the Lead Roofing Technician for SolarCity.
• The Roofing Crew Lead will provide leadership and technical expertise to the SolarCity installation teams• Communicate the necessary job status data to the SolarCity operations management team to assure the successful completion of re-roofs and solar arrays/systems installations• Meet with clients to coordinate the completion of the project and all related equipment necessary to complete the job• Lead efforts for safe working practices for the SolarCity installation team• Primary focus will be on re-roof jobs; work on solar PV Installation jobs when needed• Pulling inventory for each installation job• Document completion of completed installation• Ensure job sites are left clean• Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety• Additional duties required as needed• When working on PV installations lead a crew in the following: o Layout and assembly of solar modules / array and mounting hardware o Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment o Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
• High School Diploma or GED required• Must have a minimum of 2-3 years’ roofing experience; including metal, concrete tile, clay tile, comp, shingle, or wood shake• Minimum 6 months-1 year experience leading a crew of two or more• Ability to effectively train team members on new techniques• Must be able to safely lift heavy objects multiple times per day including but not limited to an extension ladder, solar PV panels, and inverters• Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc)• Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops and able to work on your feet for long periods of time• Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required• Ability to positively and effectively interact with internal and external customers• Regular, reliable and predictable performance required• Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment• Must be very organized and be able to meet aggressive timelines• Familiar with OSHA safety guidelines; OSHA certification is a plus• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal screen, driving screen and drug screen
Benefits for Full-Time Positions
• Competitive compensation with many positions incentivized
• Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power
• Full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance
• Attractive vacation, sick and holiday pay
• 401(k) savings plan for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Some positions eligible for equity
• Career path opportunities for top performers
SolarCity is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
AL 05500, AR M-8937, AZ ROC 243771/ROC 245450, CA CSLB 888104, CO EC8041, CT HIC 0632778/ELC 0125305, DC 410514000080/ECC902585, DE 2011120386/ T1-6032, FL EC13006226, HI CT-29770, IL 15-0052, MA HIC 168572/EL-1136MR, MD HIC 128948/11805, NC 30801-U, NH 0347C/12523M, NJ NJHIC#13VH06160600/34EB01732700, NM EE98-379590, NV NV20121135172/C2-0078648/B2-0079719, OH EL.47707, OR CB180498/C562, PA HICPA077343, RI AC004714/Reg 38313, TX TECL27006, SC M113431, UT 8726950-5501, VA ELE2705153278, VT EM-05829, WA SOLARC*919O1/SOLARC*905P7, Albany 439, Greene A-486, Nassau H2409710000, Putnam PC6041, Rockland H-11864-40-00-00, Suffolk 57612-H, Westchester WC-26088-H13, N.Y.C #2001384-DCA. SCENYC: N.Y.C. Licensed Electrician, #12610, #004485, 155 Water St, 6th Fl., Unit 10, Brooklyn, NY 11201, #2013966-DCA. All loans provided by SolarCity Finance Company, LLC. CA Finance Lenders License 6054796. SolarCity Finance Company, LLC is licensed by the Delaware State Bank Commissioner to engage in business in Delaware under license number 019422, MD Consumer Loan License 2241, NV Installment Loan License IL11023 / IL11024, Rhode Island Licensed Lender #20153103LL, TX Registered Creditor 1400050963-202404, VT Lender License #6766